Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fashion Necessity: Jeans

Jeans are one of the only closet pieces that you can dress up and down; teaming a casual look with flats or sandals, and a dressy look with heels or boots.

Credit : Tumblr

I've just stumbled across this picture, and I just really loved it and thought it would be a good topic to blog about.
Jeans are a favourite in my wardrobe. I actually have so much denim it's not funny. My favourite jeans at the moment are from TopShop.

MOTO Blue Leigh Jeans
£38.00 / $60.00
JONI Super High-Wasited Blue Jeans
£36.00 / $56.00
 (Both descriptions and prices were straight off the TopShop UK website, but I purchased these both in store in Australia, and for some reason there's not a TopShop AU website, and I remember paying around $70 each for them.)

Both of these jeans are really comfortable and almost feel like you're wearing leggings, but the denim is just really soft, light and stretchy so I recommend them to anyone that hates wearing super tight jeans and likes to be comfortable, because these are definitely for you!


Credit : ShowbizHub
I like to wear most types of jeans, but the ones that don't flatter me are bootcut, super-skinny, and boyfriend jeans. I choose not to wear bootcut and boyfriend jeans because I feel like they're too baggy in places and it doesn't flatter my body shape, and the super-skinny jeans because well... I'm not "super-skinny"; so I stick to straight, skinny, high-wasited (which isn't pictured above), and flare.

My friends are always too scared to wear flare jeans since they're not particularly 'in' right now, and I personally haven't worn mine in a while, but in saying that, I think they might be coming back! They're just so cool to wear with Converse, it brings back the 90's girl in me.

I'd like to know which styles are your favourites and which styles you haven't tried and would like to? :)

- R xo

No comments:

Post a Comment